Friday, September 21, 2012

Andy Cohen, Most Talkative. A Review

Photo by: Greginhollywood
I just finished reading the autobiography Of Andy Cohen. Andy Cohen is the producer of many reality shows on the Bravo TV network. He is also the host of his own hit Bravo show, Watch What Happens Live! As a producer, his most notable work is that of the series of Housewives shows, including The Real Housewives of Orange County, New York, New Jersey, Atlanta, Beverly Hills, D.C. and Miami. The Housewive's Franchise has been a great success on the network with the exception of, the Housewives of D.C and Miami which were unsuccessful ventures, cancelled shortly after their inception.At the end of each season, Mr. Cohen also hosts a wrap up show called the Real Housewives Reunion. This is done at the end of each season for each and every city that the show takes place in.

Before beginning the book, I was under the misconception that the book would mainly focus on his work with the Housewives franchise. I was pleasantly surprised that that was only one small part of the story.

So, I started to read the book because I had become a great fan of Mr. Cohen and his work on the Bravo network. I have become such a big fan in fact, that I often joke that he is my bff! (Mr. Cohen??? hmmm, I think Ill just call him Andy since we're bff's anyway.) As the book suggests, Andy is indeed talkative. He is also charming, and of course, a bit of a gossip (which is perfect for him since that is what reality tv is all about!.) The book was a great read. I read it in two sittings. Let me just say that I am a frequent reader, often reading two books simultaneously. So to finish his book so quickly, is a testament of how interesting it was.

In the book, Andy talks about his history in show business, his childhood in St. Louis, and most interesting of all, in is his struggle to come out of the closet at an early age. In addition to his stories about growing up, Cohen speaks about his obsession with soap operas. He describes a particular obsession with Ms. Susan Lucci, that becomes a recurring theme throughout the book.

This book was highly entertaining, easy to follow and Andy's charm comes through in each and every page. Unbelievably,I grew to love Andy even more, as I read the stories of his work as a journalist and anchor, including the many adventures and hijinx he was involved in while working with celebrities, many of which he greatly admired. You really get a sense of the many highs and lows he experienced in the TV industry.


Throughout the book , the humor is often self deprecating which endeared me to Andy even more! I would HIGHLY recommend this book, if you are interested in knowing more about this lovely and talented man known as Andy Cohen!

1 comment:

  1. Although reality shows mostly revolt me, I love an under dog's autobiographical and humorous success story. I also adore reading. Kathy, m'dear - I shall read this as soon as I acquire a copy! Very persuasive and informative review! Xo

    ReplyDelete