Friday, October 5, 2012

For you Western New York Foodies: Natalie's Mediterranean Eatery. What a great find!

Photo by: Julia Balbilla 


I found this awesome restaurant called Natalie's. It is in Buffalo on Millersport Highway.And, what a great find!

Growing up in a Hispanic household, my mother would often make me chicken noodle soup. It was custom that I would drink my chicken noodle soup with lemon. I would never have it without it. As I grew older and bought canned chicken noodle soup, (because if you know me, you know I cannot cook unfortunately) I would always have to buy lemons or lemon juice to add to the soup. That's just the way I always have liked it.

One day, my boyfriend brought me home some chicken soup. I was excited, as I often have a craving for soup, but thought that as usual, I would have to go buy some lemons to add to my yummy meal. Boy was I pleasantly surprised! The soup had a delicious lemon flavor.

It was chicken lemon soup from Natalie's Mediterranean Eatery. And it is only second to my mother's home made soup. And, that is quite the compliment. The soup has a delicious hint of lemon that makes it so delicious, along with rice and nice pieces of chicken! I ate the whole bowl and was so completely satisfied! I venture to say that it reminded me of the soup shop owned by the Soup Nazi on the show Seinfeld. It was that good!

What a great treat. I love finding little restaurants in my neighborhood that serve magnificent food. It is like finding a diamond in the rough.

Natalie's restaurant also has much more to eat, aside from its gem, chicken lemon soup. It serves the standards starters such as salads. But much more than that, it serves mediterranean dishes such as hummus, spanakopita, and baba ghanoush. In addition it serves dinners such as chicken wraps and falafel wraps and salads. Natalie's also has vegetarian dishes, which is great because more and more of my friends are vegetarian, and myself and my boyfriend also enjoy a good vegetarian meal from time to time.

Natalie's Mediterranean Eatery is family owned and operated in the heart of Buffalo NY. They are located at 807 1/2 Millersport Highway, in Grover Cleveland Plaza between Eggert and Sheridan. It is open Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. - 7:30p.m., Saturday: 11a.m. - 3:30p.m. It is closed on Sunday. Natalie's also will cater your event! 

Please go give Natalie's a try. It is such a nice change from the usual restaurants and eateries around that area. You won't regret it! 4 out of 4 stars from me!




No comments:

Post a Comment